Saturday, January 19, 2013

Read in Jamaica: beyond the dancehall


Last month I was contacted by an Italian journalist based in Italy. She said that my song “read” has inspired her to do a story about education and the lack thereof in Jamaica. She wanted me to translate the words of my song in English for her readers (I did the best I could). She promised to email back a link to the story once it’s completed. This morning I awoke to the following email from her:

“Hello Karamanti,
As promised, I enclose the article that I wrote about the situation of education in Jamaica. Your song was the reason why I started to study, so thank you so much for the inspiration you've provided.

http://www.americanaexotica.it/dancehall-2/leggere-giamaica-al-di-della-dancehall/

Thank you and congratulations,

Beatrice”

No comments:

Post a Comment